Sawtooth Camp is located on 120 beautiful acres of high mountain valley, with a small river running through it.
Please Note: You’ll be driving north out of Fairfield for 35 miles, most of which is forest service dirt road. The road is wide enough for two-way traffic and has straight sections as well as two short winding passes. There will be no gas, food, or flushing toilets along this route. There is intermittent cell service up to Couch Summit and then no service beyond that point. Allow 60 minutes from Fairfield. With few exceptions, every intersection is marked with a directional sign to Methodist Camp. The road is well maintained, although it does develop washboards. High clearance vehicles are not needed.
To get to Fairfield, Idaho
- From Boise: 2 hours using Interstate 84 and Hwy 20
- From Mountain Home: 1 hour on Hwy 20
- From Twin Falls: 1 .5 hours using Interstate 84 exit at Wendell to Hwy 46 and then Hwy 20
- From Idaho Falls: 3 hours using Hwy 20 and 26
Directions from Fairfield, Idaho
- When you arrive in Fairfield, turn north into town.
- Drive for 2 miles till you reach a T intersection.
- Turn right and drive ¼ mile to the next intersection.
- Turn left and continue 8 miles on the pavement . ( do not go onto a dirt road for these 8 miles)
- You’ll come to another marked intersection. Curve to the right onto gravel. It is marked as Couch Summit Rd with directional sign toward Methodist Camp. There is a vault toilet just beyond the intersection.
- Drive 14 miles over Couch Summit and on to the Ketchum intersection. Stay left towards Methodist Camp.
- Continue for 6 miles until you go over Big Smoky Bridge and then a smaller bridge over Paradise Creek. Now you’ll be at the only goofy intersection. The directional sign is confusing. Think of it as a roundabout. Regardless of the sign, the road to Featherville takes off to the left, Big Smoky GS is to the right and Methodist Camp is straight ahead, going uphill.
- Continue north another 6 miles over Fleck Summit and then across the South Fork of Boise River.
- Drive about 2 miles and turn right at the marked entrance of camp.
- Proceed to the Welcome Center which is the first building on your right for directions and information.