Daily Overview – Branching Out- Connecting through Christ
- Connect with the place, and explore the value of sacred space.
- Understand that we follow in the footsteps of believers who came before us.
- Discover the importance of asking questions as they learn about God.
- Learn how the story of God is passed from one generation to the next.
Day 2- 1 Corinthians 11:23b–26 I am the Vine Words of institution at the Last Supper. We make sacred bonds with one another and God by covenanting. Covenant
is a way to express our connection beyond space and time. Jesus entered into covenant with us, and we with him, in Holy Communion.
- Experience their connectedness to Christ through covenant
- Reflect on the power of shared meals in community
- Discover the roots of Christian worship in scripture
Day 3 -John 8:2–11 Love One Another Cast the first stone. We have to look around to see that we are all valuable to God. People and their relationships to us are a treasure for us to protect.
- Know that their actions toward others can be transformative
- See Christ’s example of compassion and grace with patience and courage
- Be called to follow Christ’s example to connect to others without judgement, prejudice or injustice
- Distinguish between judgement and justice.
Day 4- Luke 15:11–32 I Chose You Prodigal Son
We make decisions that affect the ways we are connected. Sometimes we need to choose to disconnect to learn where God is.
- Learn the impact of choice in their connection with God and others.
- Hear of God’s forgiveness and grace.
- Know that they can admit to their brokenness, and that they can change.
- Identify trustworthy individuals in their lives who will show them God’s grace and forgiveness.
Day 5- 1 Kings 19:11–13 I Have Spoken to You We don’t always hear God through loud or obvious communication. We have to listen for the still small voice.
- Experience many ways to connect to God through the mystery of prayer.
- Practice listening for God’s voice.
- Become aware of how God provides for them in many different ways.
- Explore ways of connecting to God on their own.
Day 6- Luke 24:13–35 Abide with Me We have tools we can use to reconnect to God, and we find them as we walk the road with Jesus.
- Discover how they might deepen their connection with God
- Learn to sustain this relationship after they leave the camp community
- Become more familiar with their Bibles
- Serve one another by being Christ-like to each other
Day 7 – Romans 8:35, 37–39 I Abide in You Nothing can separate us from the love of God
- Understand how the magnitude of interconnectedness influences their encounters in the world.
- Declare that they are connected to God’s love in Christ no matter what.
- Identify things that try to disconnect them from God.
- Become equipped to share the Good News with others.
- Reflect on what things from camp will help them keep their connection to God.